Sunday, November 15, 2009

Help

This year we decided that when we draw names for Christmas (in our little family) the gifts will be homemade. Some of the kids are really excited and some, not so much. We only do 3 gifts at christmas time representing the 3 gifts the Wiseman gave our Savior. So when some of the kids heard that the gift that they give each other had to be homemade, well lets just say some were not jumping for joy. I really think once they start making their gift for their sibling they will change their mind. I am excited to do this but I am stumped on what ideas to give for the older boys. We are drawing names tonight because I think that it is going to take some time to get them all done. Any suggestions would be great for the older 2 boys.

I was also asked to give the Young Women's Christmas lesson (which SCARES the heck out of me) any ideas????????????

6 comments:

Unknown

I would start at the dollar store for your ward christmas party ideas. As far as center pieces go. Spray paint some branches white put them in recycled (spagheti etc.) jars w/ some kind of filler and hang ornaments from the spray painted trees. You are so crafty though... you have to have some ideas. ;) good luck!

The Andra Family

The best I could come up with for a homemade gift for older boys, is a certificate of room cleaning for month. Or something along those lines. I hear Potato guns are always fun if you don't have them already.

Jami

Rubber band guns!! My boys still love theirs and you can make them LOL might hurt if they shoot you

Shane and Brandi

The year we did homemade gifts I gave Trey a flag football kit. The belts with the flags hanging on them. We didn't tell the kids, but if something small went with it that item could be purchased. No one in my family was excited. After Christmas morning all the kids wanted to do it every year. Good Luck!

Ence Family

One year I made Dustin and Jordan quilts out of all their old t shirts. they had a lot piling up from races and sports. Each quilt had their very own shirts on it. They turned out really cute! They take them everywhere a blanket is needed games, scouts, camp outs etc. Now that Jansen is older he is begging me to make him one so I am saving up his t shirts to make him one soon.

Unknown

For my mom's YW night she made those really cute sheet music center pieces that Bonita made for the wedding. She just got old music books from the music store. They were only $1. For the boys.... I would have to agree- blanket. They have all sorts of fleece with teams now days. But I LOVE Brandi's idea of a flag football set, too. Thanks for the invite!