We had a great Stake Conference today and a wonderful Adult session last night. It has made me even more aware and determined to protect my family. Tomorrow we are disconnecting cable. (Chris has been wanting to for a long time but the tv has kept me company while he has been gone and I have been dragging my feet) We set down with the kids and helped themand ourselves to make some personal goals as well as family goals. We have great kids and I am so proud of them and love them so much. I just want the very best for them.
6 comments:
We havent had TV or cable for about 6 months or so and we are still alive! We rent movies a lot from redbox but now a days you have to watch out for all those movies that claim that they are so good! when in reality they are horrible-and we can watch our favorite tv shows online for free! So its the best of both worlds! We have felt the spirit a whole lot more in our home!
Good for you guys. I'd like to be right behind you. If only sports weren't broadcast, I think we would be.
WOW!
ONCE AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE GREAT EXAMPLES TO THE REST OF US.
SPORTS IS THE PREDOMINANT THING BEING WATCHED IN OUR HOME SO I DON'T KNOW HOW WELL THAT WOULD GO OVER.
I LOVE THAT YOU WERE ALL READY TO MAKE SUCH A DECISION.
NOW IF I CAN JUST CONVINCE MY GUYS.
TO THE MOON !
We haven't had t.v. for awhile. It was so hard when we first went without it that we turned it back on. Shane was gone at nights and I needed someone to keep me company. When we turned it back on the difference was so noticeable we turned it back off in 1 week.
We havent had TV for a long time. I thought the kids would complain and miss it, but they dont. It is amazing how different the atmosphere is in the home when the TV is not making all that background noise. You will love it!
What a good example you are for your children, we are proud of you. Keep up the good work.
LOVE FOREVER
Post a Comment