Thursday, June 16, 2011

GiVe AwAy

I need your help and since I haven't done a give away in a long time, I thought this would be the perfect way to help each other out. I need ideas on what to send to my brother who is serving with the 222. I have already sent him one package and would like to send him one a month so all you creative people help me out. And even if you can't think of anything, you can still enter. The giveaway is for this cute doll, she is bigger than the other ones I have made.

The give away ends Monday.

8 comments:

momstack

Send him an envelope filled with a note for everyday of the month. Have each member of the family (cousins, uncles, aunts, etc, etc.) write just a short note or a memory they have with him. Then put each note in its own envelope. Then put all the notes in one big manila envelope or something cuter and tell him to pull one out each day. Preferrably it would be fun if people would write down a funny memory with him so that he could start out each day with a laugh.

Ence Family

Come up with a theme for every month and send stuff around that theme. ie...colors, sweets, holiday,season,quotes for each day, etc...
That doll is so cute. I guess I need to start collecting girl stuff now so that would be really fun and good start for the collection!

Bonita

Hmmm.. I like the themed boxes idea too..

a bug box full of fly paper, fly swatter, bug spray, pictures of family with bugs on them

a sunny box with sun block, sun glasses, pictures of family in the sun

a "face" box with face wipes, combs (wait...no..lol..), chapstick, mouth wash, tissues, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, qtips, a head shot of the family,

a foot care package with foot powder, socks, foot lotion, anti fungal spray,

A reading box with magazines, books, Sudoku books, letters, pens, paper, journal

this site had some great ideas:http://militarymomathome.blogspot.com/2009/01/care-package-ideas.html

The one thing I thought was super cute was the pillow case with the family's picture on it.

You're super creative! I'm excited to see what you send! :-)

Love the doll!

JILLIAN

I THINK ALL THE ABOVE IDEAS ARE GREAT.
I JUST NEED TO WIN THE DOLL.

TO THE MOON!

Ray and Mickie

this is something i just helped a friend send her husband who is serving. have family and friends write letters to him, and then collect pictures of each and make a book (soft copy that can roll up for easy storage if necessary) and send to him so he has a picture book with stories, letters, memories to keep him connected to home. love that doll, and all the crafty things you post on your blog, would love to be as talented as you. :)

JILLIAN

ON OPRAH A WIFE TOLD OF A TYPE OF JOURNAL SHE SENT HER HUSBAND TO WRITE IN. HE WROTE MESSAGES TO HIS CHILDREN OF THINGS HE WAS THINKING OF WHILE IN IRAQ AND THINGS HE WANTED THEM TO KNOW AS THEY GREW UP. WHAT A TREASURE. HE SAID IT WAS VERY THERAPEUTIC AT THE END OF EACH DAY.

Anonymous

Ithink you should just send him a picture of me so that he can remember what his favorite sister looks like. He might not remember my sexiness:)

ashleestout

I like the themed month ideas. I wish I was creative so I could help you out. Maybe I'll dream a great idea for you tonight.