Today we bottled 41 pints of potatoes and 24 bottles of pork. It took us most of the day but so worth it. I figured it out and it ended up only being 20 cents for each bottle of potatoes and 1.16 for each bottle of pork. Not to bad. The pork took FOREVER and depending on how we like it will determine if I want to do it again.
We did it as a family which was nice. The boys helped with peeling and slicing the potatoes and clean up. Chris cut up all the pork and I bottled and cooked it. It took most of the day but what a great feeling as we put it on the shelves.


Both pressure cookers filled and cooking with potatoes
Potatoes
Pork
5 comments:
HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR PORK AND POTATOES LOOK. YOU AND CHRIS AND FAMILY ARE SUCH AN GOOD EXAMPLE AND INSPIRATION TO OUR FAMILY AND ALL YOU KNOW. I LOVE THE QUOTE ABOVE YOUR STOVE.
WOW!
SEE I COULDN'T PUT THAT QUOTE ABOVE MY STOVE, NOT BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE DIED BUT BECAUSE MANY CHOOSE NOT TO EAT.
Good job. Love to hear how the pork tastes!
I LOVE the look of bottled ANYTHING! So pretty!
You are the go to gal when I NEED to do all this! GREAT WORK! P.S. I love reading all your vinyl sayings on your walls in the background!
Post a Comment