Jaxton was invited to go on a camp out with a friend and his dad and brothers. I said yes.He was gone from Wed late afternoon until late Saturday night. I was so anxious to see him on Saturday. He was so excited to go but I was so stressed to let him. I knew he was going with a good family that would take care of him but I wasn't going to be there. I was also really worried about the nights. The nights are not Jaxton's friend. He gets really anxious and nervous at night. I told him once he leaves he can't come back. They were hiking in and he was there to stay. He really wanted to go so I gave him some words of wisdom, we said a prayer and I sent him off. I then had to call my mom and have her reassure me I wasn't crazy for sending him (she said she couldn't). He had a great time. He was ready to come home on Saturday, he said he missed us and that he did get nervous at night but he was okay. I am so glad. He was eaten alive by mosquitos (I counted 23 on his face alone) but he had fun. I really missed him and can't believe how different it is having one kid gone.
Today we went up to Beaver to Mick's homecoming (my nephew) He gave such a great talk on the importance of faith and prayer and how we need to do our part when we pray and not just leave it up to the lord. What a great example to my boys and those who were there. He has such an awesome spirit and I was glad to be there. It was fun to visit with the Steglich family. It was neat to see faces that we haven't seen in a long time. My 3 youngest kids have never met their Aunt Darla and it was good to see her and Randy there. Chris has a great family and I am glad they put up with me.
2 comments:
How fun to go camping with friends. You are a cool mom!
I am glad he had fun mosquito bites and all.
Post a Comment