So yesterday my kids picked me 3 ice cream buckets of plums. I still had a lot of plum jam from last year so I thought that this would be perfect and I would get about 5 batches out of the bunch. I was wrong. (I know unheard of ) I got 4 batches (20 pints) out of ONE bucket. Holy Cows I forgot how far the juice went. I gave away my other 2 buckets to some lucky people. I have to save room for the apricot jam on Monday. If you are interested in plums let me know I did call a bunch of people to go pick to their hearts content and I bet there will still be plums left on the trees.
The bishop gave me some old cupboard doors and I picked up some from the DI (I got them the same time I got my snazzy dresser) I have been working on a couple of projects with them and one of them is almost done. If your lucky I might post a picture.
I went out to the garden this morning and picked my first vegetable. We have a zucchinni. I also counted 29 tomatoes. I lost about 3/4 of my plants but the ones that are surviving are doing great. My cucumber plants are blooming but that is it so far and we just put in watermelon yesterday. This garden has been alot of work and next year I hope will be better but it has been such a good thing for our family. The kids have all helped with it and are continuing to help with it. They get just as excited about seeing what is growing as I am.
Ryker has been practicing with his soccer club 3 times a week and next week they compete in the Summer Games. He is really excited. Then he gets a little break and we sign him back up for Fall Soccer. We are putting Ryker and Kaige in a Soccer boot camp in July.
Jaxton has 2 more games this week and he will be done with baseball. This has been so good for him. He really likes it and is very persistant with his coaches on letting him play other positions. (Sometimes to persistant) but sometimes that is a good thing. We are signing him up to play Tackle football. This will be his first year and he is ready to play. He wanted to play last year but I made him wait until this year. I am not ready for him to play.
Kaige is Kaige. He goes to Skills on Fridays with one of his most favorite cousins Trey. They learn Soccer skills from the Dixie College men's soccer coach. They have been doing this for several months and have learned alot.
Slatin and Emerson are having fun playing in the cheap little pool that we bought them to keep them outside and entertained. It is for the little kids but I will often look outside and see the older boys and their friends playing in the pool and kicking the little ones out. They are having fun playing with friends and sleeping in.
Well I think that sums it up for now. Enjoy.
Mission Call
11 years ago
9 comments:
Summer, jill and I just went over and picked about the same amount of plums! That's crazy it makes so much! I need your recipe for jam! I'm so excited to do jam, i never have before!
Thanks again for the plums. It was so easy to make and so fun to do. I am hoping to do cherry jam this coming week. It definately made a lot!! But it is so worth it!! Thanks again!!
The plums look really good!
I am on round 3 of putting in a garden. The bugs and birds keep eating it. I think I will stop the effort if this round goes bad.
Jordan is doing basketball in the summer games next week. He also plays tackle football. I was the same as you in signing him up for it. But we did and he has loved it. Going on 3 years now. Sports are never ending with boys but it is good they are having fun!
How fun is summertime at your house! I want to come and play AND sleep in. That is a lot of Jam!
I want some plums; where did you pick them?
Your plum jam is sooo yummy!
Thanks for the plums. Your dad was really nice. He came out and talked with us for a few minutes.
i just finished making the plum juice. next round will be the jelly. i still have plums on my tree to pick.
i'm glad you got to pick your first vegetable! and that you have so many tomatoes.
looking forward to tomorrow.
I don't think there are any NOTHINGS in your home and life LOL! anyword on the hat and flowers, as well as the wood flag? love the kids pictures too!
Post a Comment