Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I never would have thought....

I found this darling skirt pattern and showed my mom and asked her to make one for Emerson. We then thought it would be fun to make Fourth of July ones for Slatin's baptism and make one for Kendra's little girl Andy and Heather's little girl Abby and one for Emerson. I got the pattern for my mom and she got started and then the unthinkable happened I wanted to attempt one.

Wouldn't you? I didn't want to mess up the ones for the fourth of July so I got some other fabric and started cutting out my squares. I fell in love with this skirt and so I ended up buying m0re fabric and more fabric. I have enough fabric for Emerson 5 skirts and a couple of neices matching ones. If only I could get my machine to cooperate. I have Emerson's all done but the band and all the neices pieces sewed together to match. I am hoping to get them all done this week and move on to my new fabric that came in the mail. I love ESTY! Once I have them done I will post a picture. The fourth of July ones that my mom made are so stinkin cute, (mine don't even compare, but I am learning) I can't wait for them to wear them. I am hoping to make matching ties for Chris and the boys. I think Chris needs to buy me a new machine for my birthday. hint hint
It has been fun learning and my mom has been very patient with me. Nothing like when she taught me to crochet. It has given me something new to do while Chris has been gone. And it gets me started on Emerson's new school clothes. If the picky princess doesn't like them I might just cry)

10 comments:

Heather

Oh my heck Keri, that is the cutest skirt!! I love it....

JILLIAN

THAT IS SUCH A CUTE SKIRT.
I WANT TO MAKE ONE FOR MAILI.
WHERE DID YOU FIND THE PATTERN?
DO YOU EVER REST?

AND BACK!

autumntime

tHOSE ARE CUTE! lET US KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THE PATTERN!

Anonymous

Absolutely adorable!!!

Unknown

LOVE IT! My M.I.L. IS A sewing Goddess and makes so many great things for my kids.She may have to make me some of these! So cute, can't wait to see what you have done!

A

VERY cute! I love to try sewing new things! Im horrible at it but its fun and even funner to buy fabric!!! :)Did you get my message yesterday?

Shane and Brandi

I think you should do these as your next craft night.

JILLIAN

KERI IS SLATIN HAVING HIS OWN BAPTISM OR WILL IT BE WITH OTHERS?

rayndrop

keri. the skirt is cute. is the picture of emerson? i saw your mom's 4th of july one too. cute, cute.

Angie

I saw a pattern like this at The Main Street Quilt Cottage. It is very cute. I love etsy too.