Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Party

The bishopric came over to my house and extended a calling to me. I am now along with being over prepardness, I am over the activities for the ward. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's just say I am so grateful for a wonderful committee who I know I can count on because we have a halloween party to plan.
Overwhelmed was an understatement. Everyone is busy, life is busy, but I didn't know if I had time to plan a party for the whole ward along with the few other things I was responsible for. It is crazy how things all need to be done at the same time.
We are having the party on Friday and we also have a cannery date set that I am in charge of the same afternoon. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who is stepping in my place at the cannery, for a GREAT committee, and wonderful friends who are lending help and ideas. I can now see the light and even though this week will be hetic, Friday will be fun. (fingers crossed)

5 comments:

autumntime

your week sounds a lot like mine!
I am putting on a daddy daughter Activity days halloween party for 60 people on thursday and then On friday - i have to do a party for anikas class- which ive only had 5 parents donate for! I know Gina Eves ward just had a halloween chili cook off- Maybe they have some ideas- GOOD LUCK! Oh by the way our ward has a lady that can get spices by the pound! for really cheap! Let me know if you are interested for your ward - we order a lot of different spices for each month.

GRANDMA GIGI

'I REPEAT AGAIN", "YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN!!!!" I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU KEEP UP WITH IT ALL. GLAD YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAMILY AND HUSBAND, AND FRIENDS TO HELP YOU OUT SOMETIMES.
LOVE FOREVER

Ence Family

I have double duty too! I am on the activities committee as well as primary pres. So I know how you feel. We did our halloween party this past Friday. We had it in our cul de sac. We had the police block it off and used his flashing lights as part of the decoration. We had a chili cook off. Each house in the cul de sac had a game involving prizes on their front lawn that we rotated through. Costume contest and pumpkin carving contest. It was fun. They are doing it again this Fri for just Adults and doing pot luck instead of Chili.

I possibly can help you out for the readathon. I will have to see if I can find someone to watch Jarren. I will let you know.

JILLIAN

I LOVE HALLOWEEN PARTIES.
BUT IT DEFINITELY MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHEN THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.
TELL CHRIS THAT I THINK HE IS GOING TO LOOK SUPER HOT IN HIS HAIR NET AT THE CANNERY.
WAIT.....................
WILL HE HAVE TO WEAR A HAIR NET?
YOUR MY HERO!

AND BACK!

Reno

Congratulations on that new calling. I have a feeling that you'll do a great job. You have a lot of neat ideas. (Neat? See- I WAS born in the 50s!)