Farmer's had a great deal on Hamburger last week and I bought a bunch to bottle. I know it probably sounds gross but how convient it would be and nice to have another meat on the shelf. I want to bottle it with a sauce like Sloppy Joes. Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas.
6 comments:
I looked it up on line and there are several posts about it--you probably have googled it too.
I'd like to know how it turns out.
Your chicken bottling sure caused a town full of crazy women to do it too.
I still want to try canning the pork like you did. Have you tasted it yet?
Keri,
Since everyone likes to read your blog, I figured this would be the best way to get word out. If people will go to www.oprah.com and then click on the KFC link, they can print up to 4 coupons for a free 2 piece chicken meal with 2 sides. It is good through May 19.
However, the offer is not valid on Mother's Day. Anyways, hope everyone enjoys. And our family did can the pork and we absolutely love it! We like it more then the chicken. I know Claudia told me that she cans hamburger meat. She might have a good recipe. Thanks.
Daniela
For my small family, I cook up a huge batch of cheap hamburger, add taco seasoning, stick it in reusable freezer bowls and then in the freezer, and quickly thaw it for taco Tuesdays. It's great for any kind of Mexican dish and we don't waste as much. Bottling sounds like a good idea for longer storage, but this is a lot faster for me. Sometime I want to try it with Italian seasoning for use in spaghetti and such. Good luck with your latest adventure!
1- CAN MANWICH
1-lb. HAMBURGER.
THIS IS A RECIPE THAT HAS BEEN HANDED DOWN.
KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.
Jill is funny!
Keri I have also made taco meat and froze it. So you might could try and bottle it. It might turn out good?!
Post a Comment