My Sister ran her first race. She ran the 5k. I am so proud of her. What started out a bet between family ended up with only her running. Her hubby ran along side her to motivate her but I think his words of encouragement were meant with SHUT UP and let me concentrate on making it thru this race. She has really worked hard. Great Job Sis. I didn't get a picture of her I didn't make it in time.
After the race we headed back down to St. George where Ryker had more soccer. He played indoor soccer and then at 2 he a regular soccer game (which they got tromped on because they were so wore out) then back to finish the indoor soccer tournament.
In between games we met up with all my family to have a goodbye lunch for my brother Taylor. He is leaving next week for basic training. I have known that this was going to happen but it sure snuck up on me fast. I think I am still in denial about him leaving. If I am having a hard time with this I can only imagine how hard it is for his wife.
It was a busy day but it was fun to have all the kids there to support each other. They all want to rent the building and play agianst Family and Friends. Any one interested to take them on?????
I was thinking a fun idea for a Steglich Family Reunion.
4 comments:
COUNT ME IN ON THE INDOOR SOCCER GAME.
YOU AND CHRIS ARE IN CHARGE OF THE REUNION THIS YEAR AREN'T YOU?
LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY HELP AT ALL.
I AM SO SAD THAT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT MY BOY WAS RUNNING THIS MORNING. I WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE BEEN THERE TO CHEER HIM ON AND GIVE HIS LEGS A RUB DOWN AGAIN.
TO THE MOON AND BACK!
I didn't know Taylor joined. Which military group? That would be difficult; for everyone.
Keri thanks for the shout out about the race. Glad I did it. Glad it is done. Sorry you had a headache on Saturday and we didn't get to talk much. Wanted to thank you for the gift which the girls love!!
i saw chris at the run.....he did a good job. what was i thinking, that half KILLED me. you are ONE busy busy mom!
Post a Comment