Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation week. The last couple of years I have sent something little everyday for the teachers and then a gift on Friday, just ot let them know how much we appreciate them. Monday I got 4 wooden planes with a note attached "It's plane to see we have the Best Teacher. Yesterday we gave them a nut bar with the note saying "We're nuts about having you for a teacher" For tomorrow I found this pattern to make cake slices that are little containers that you put treats in. They were so simple and fun to make. I am attaching a note that says "you take the cake for being the best teacher.



You could use these cake slices for anything. You can make a whole bunch and arrange them as a cake, super cute.
Still trying to figure out Thursday and Friday. IF you have any good ideas let me know.

9 comments:

The Andra Family

There's always the candy bar called "A-mazing" that you could do something with......... And of course a flower saying something along the lines of "picking them" as the best teacher. You're so sweet to do that.

JILLIAN

TIP JUNKIE HAS A LOT OF DIFFERENT IDEAS.

The Moore Family

so cute! You always have the cutest ideas. I thought it looked hard to make but it looks cute

TAMMY

You are so nice. I dont have any cute ideas but I think I will use yours!

The Leavitt Crew

A few ideas:
Microwave popcorn with the note "Don't want to be corny, but our brains are popping with knowledge from you."
Post it notes with "Just a note letting you know we're stuck on you."
A box of highlighters with "I can't highlight all of the great things you've done this year."

Unknown

How cute! love all the sayings to go with the item! you are so crafty! I LOVE CRAFTS!!!

GRANDMA GIGI

OH MY GOSH, WHAT WILL YOU COME UP WITH NEXT, SO CUTE. I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO READ YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
LOVE YOU
FOREVER

Becky Seymour

I have seen cute dish towells made with teacher's names on it, or you should just make a cute little vinyl lettering saying on a block that says their name. I would love that for my desk. Thanks for being so good to your teachers. For real, I wish more parents were like you

JILLIAN

DARLING IDEA'S .
I LOVE THE LITTLE CAKE BOXES, YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW ME HOW TO MAKE THEM.
OR THE PATTERN WOULD MAKE A GREAT GIVE AWAY.

TO THE MOON AND BACK!