Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pillows and curtains

After watching my friend Kendra make curtains. I decided to attempt it today. I bought some cute fabric for Em's room and borrowed my mom's machine. They aren't perfect but I am proud of them. I made her a pillowcase and a matching throw pillow

The side window

The big window

The throw pillow and you can kind of see the pillowcase poking out under the sham.
My friends are all making Easter dresses for their girls, and I am jealous, but I think I will have to stick with curtains. After I saw their "Simple" patterns there is no way I can do that yet.

I was just given a new calling this week. I will miss primary and my cute primary class. This was my favorite class to teach. But I am really excited for this new calling. I am over prepadness. If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I am going to be doing 72 hour kits on April 11th. It will be open to anyone who wants to make them.

8 comments:

Anonymous

It looks adorable! You did a great job. I am planning on making Lexi a dress. Hopefully, I will get to it. If I do, I will let you know and maybe I can sew one up for Emmie (time permitting). Don't hold your breath.

You will be fabulouse in your new calling!!!

Shane and Brandi

The curtains look great! My sewing machine just died so I don't know how wonderful those dresses will look only half done! Hey Anonymous can you just sew one up for each of my girls too! he,he

I am soooooo excited about your new calling. When they said it was you I shot my hand hand up so high and then felt dumb and pulled it back down. I have this book my mother-in-laws ward put together. I already have one, but it has good stuff in it. Good Luck!

Ence Family

Cute curtains! You did a great job! You will also do a great job in your new calling! It is so you!

GRANDMA GIGI

THE CURTAINS AND PILLOW ARE DARLING, YOU MUST HAVE MORE THAN 24 HOURS IN YOUR DAYS, CAUSE YOU SURE SEEM TO ACCOMPLISH A LOT. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW CALLING, YOU ARE THE PERFECT ONE FOR THAT, SEE YOUR TALENT FOR DOING FOOD STORAGE GOT OUT.
LOVE YOU
GG

The Moore Family

Love the new curtains. Her room looks so cute!

Angie

Cute curtains and pillow. I started dresses for Easter and got 3 done about a month ago and haven't started the other two, thanks for the reminder, I better get back to it.
Chani told me about your calling, she thinks that you will do a great job!

Unknown

LOOKS VERY CUTE, you did a GREAT JOB!

Kendra

Keri, I think we got the same bedspread. Love it! Your curtains and pillows came out great! You could totally make a dress (you can do it!)