The other day, well evening I was sitting on the couch and the kids were downstairs when I hear this voice calling "Mom I need you" It was Ryker. I asked him what he needed and he said that he had just thrown up and hadn't made it to the bathroom. I HATE THROW UP!!!!!!!!! I asked him where he had thrown up and he said right in front of his door trapping Kaige in his room. I went downstairs and just about added to the mess. This is where I am a mean mom. I told him he needed to clean it up I couldn't. And I told Jaxton and Kaige they got to help. Then of course I had to grab the camera. Well I guess I am not so mean because Kaige and Jaxton wouldn't help and Ryker started dry heaving so I grabbed a shirt tied it around my nose and cleaned it up. Then we bleached the floor after that. Of course right after I got it cleaned up Chris came home. Perfect timing.

I have other pictures but I didn't want to make anyone sick.
I really have great kids. They are so good to help out when their dad is gone. I am so proud of them.
I also have a great hubby whom I am lucky to have.
We had a Father in our ward pass away this week, who was just a couple of years older than Chris. He has 4 boys. It happened so quickly and was so sad. It just made me really think about how fast things can change and to make sure I make the most of the time I have with my family. They are always wanting Chris and I to do things with them and pretty soon they are going to stop wanting us around. I need to make sure I am spending time with them and that we are making wonderful memories. I need to be more unselfish with my time.
4 comments:
YOU DO HAVE GREAT KIDS.
I THINK THAT YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER.
WHAT A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE YOU ARE TO ME.
SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW YOU DO IT ALL.
BUT I'M WITH YOU ON CLEANING UP THROW UP. MY GAG REFLEX IS VERY SENSITIVE.I REMEMBER THE DAY'S OF DRY HEAVING RIGHT ALONG WITH A SICK CHILDREN WHILE I WAS HOLDING THEIR HAIR AND THEIR FOREHEAD WHILE THEY PUKED.
BUT IT SEEMED LIKE ONE DAY THEY JUST DIDN'T NEED ME TO BE THERE AND THEY JUST TOLD ME ABOUT IT LATER.AND I STILL DRY HEAVED.
I can't believe you grabbed your camera!! That just makes me laugh! Now I don't feel so bad--once when Luke was about 4, he was sitting on a small box and the box gave in. So he was stuck there screaming with his feet by his ears. And I grabbed the camera instead of him. The picture still makes me smile. :-)
Ditto on every day is a blessing. I've been thinking about that all week too. You explained it SO nicely. Thank you!
You guys are the cutest! Hmmmm I never remember NOT needing Mom to hold my hair while I threw up.............I still want her there when I am sick :) I guess some of us never grow up. My poor Mom. I cant believe after throwing up that Ryker was SMILING while cleaning it up! That is SO your job! :)
Keri, Who was the father that passed away in your ward- Trevor was talking about it but didnt know his name- Let me know
Post a Comment