Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recipe for Cinnamon Muffins

3 Cups Flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp groun nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup Milk
****
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin cups. (I use the big ones because that is all I have but it also suggest the mini ones) Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside. In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening, then add eggs and mix. Add the flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture beating well after each addition. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min or until golden. In a bowl melt 2 sticks of butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter coating thouroughly, then coat with cinnamom-sugar mixture.(I usually dip the top and coat and then dip the bottom and coat)
Chris will heat these up in microwave the next day or even later that night to have them warm.
Hope you enjoy. I will post the cookie dough brownine recipe later this week.

4 comments:

JILLIAN

THESE SOUND DELICIOUS!
HOW CAN YOU NOT EAT THEM?
YOU WILL GO DOWN IN POLLYANNA.
YOU FORGET HOW COMPETITIVE WE STEGLICH'S CAN BE.

Kendra

Yum! I have to try these, after Golden is finished dieting. They would be really pretty with icing drizzled on top.

Saddie

These sound like the muffins my best friend growing up used to make. I've wanted the recipe forever; I LOVE them so much! Of course, I'm sure they're tastier when someone else makes them. :o)

Unknown

Thanks for sharing!