I had heard that the cannery had slowed down and that sometimes you can get in to can. I called first thing this morning and they had an opening at 10. I was able to can a case of milk, 3 cans of Rice, 3 cans of potato flakes, 1 can of apples, and 1 can of carrots. Plus they had salsa still there to buy. I was able to get another case of that.
I think we are pretty set on staples except milk. It was so stinkin expensive when we started building our food storage so we didn't get as much as we needed, but it has dropped in price by half.
I am hoping to go again in a week or two and get more milk. It was so nice to do it there and to be able to buy by the can as well.
If your interested in canning I would call down and check it out. They said you have to call daily to see what cancellations they have. So worth it.
I went back to Ballard's today and came home with more tomato plants and cucumber plants. Ryker and I planted them and I am hoping they or at least most of them live.
Mission Call
11 years ago
2 comments:
WHAT A GREAT FEELING THAT MUST BE TO HAVE MOST OF YOUR FOOD STAPLES.
YOU ARE MY HERO.
TO THE MOON AND BACK!
YOU ARE AWSOME!!!!!!
YOU NEVER WASTE A MINUTE!!!!
LOVE YOU FOREVER
Post a Comment